Volcano settings?

Discussion in 'Volcano' started by Kody Skiff, Aug 8, 2018.

  1. Kody Skiff

    Kody Skiff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2018
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    I recently got my D-Bot set up with Volcano/Titan Aero combo. I've printed a few things and they all have the bump issue, but more concerning is there is this run after the bump where it looks to be under extruding. I've tried tweaking my coast (0-2mm) and extra restart (0 through -2mm) without much success. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe there's a certain combo of the two that works better?
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Old_Tafr

    Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2016
    Messages:
    660
    Likes Received:
    87
    Sorry not an answer to your problem.......... but ! (If I got a Volcano print as good as that I would be more than happy)

    I tried using 0.8mm Volcano (on an original BigBox) quite a while back and with Edge filament. After a few weeks, two different slicers and a certain amount of patience I gave up. What I did find was that somewhere either in the slicer prog (menu option) or the g-code output there is a list of all the slicer settings which aids in comparing the settings from one attempt to the next

    I did for a time copy and paste these settings into a spreadsheet (a pain using different slicers as the g-code lists/settings are obviously not all the same) in an attempt to find out why my prints didn't work. Regardless of settings and slicer eventually I gave up.

    One of the major problems I had was I seemed to be getting an extra line of print, i.e. if a space needed say twelve passes to fill the space between two existing extrusions (all on the same layer, e.g. on the very first layer , but not necessarily the first layer ) then I would get the twelve lines of print that completely filled the gap between the two existing extrusions then it would print a 13th line where there wasn't a space to fill. This caused a large ridge which the nozzle had fun colliding with on the next layer.

    Another problem with Slic3r was printing four bosses (for a self tapper to screw into to hold a case together). With a nice ooozy gloop of filament the slicer decided that it would print a second layer on top of the first that hadn't cooled/hardened. There is a setting to supposedly make Slic3r print the bosses sequentially, but this didn't work.
     
  3. Kody Skiff

    Kody Skiff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2018
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    The prints look GREAT besides the blob and under extrusion afterwards. If I can solve that they will be perfect.
     

Share This Page