Volcano smashing into my bed

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Michael Larsen, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Michael Larsen

Hi, trying to get this volcano installed. it is obviously longer than the v6 but i can't get it to stop crashing into the bed. im using the IR and following the regular instructions with the -5.0 offset and you put the piece of rubber under it but the arms on it aren't long enough to bring it down far enough to stop it every time i home it comes up and grinds to a halt.

ill admit im not that savvy but i followed the instructions on the v6 and it worked right away and has always worked so i haven't had to troubleshoot it until now. i change the offsets and none of it matters. it's probably something easy because i can't seem to find anyone else complaining about it. any advice? thanks

2. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

Verify that the IR triggers before the nozzle hits the bed. There is a led on the IR that lights up when it triggers.

3. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

If you have a new version (is it a titan? ) then you need to print a longer arm for it and a few other bits. Otherwise loosen the sensor and lower it as much as possible and that worked for me, also had to do same for fan mount.

4. Michael Larsen

yes if i put a small block in the middle of the table the ir hits it and works fine. printing a longer arm would work. any chance you could point me to a file?