Weird printing start behaviour

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by fpex, Jun 30, 2016.

1. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

All of the sudden the printer did something weird. Despite being homed, docked properly, when I started a print from Octoprint the head started to shake wanting to dock again, then moved to the centre, did not home and started to print in mid air.

For completeness, the head was homed, then docked and then I moved the bed down from the LCD.
    Then a print was sent via octoprint with the following starting code

;BigBox Printer Start Script Begin
    ;Homing
    M117 Homing.
    ;G28
    ;G29
    ;set extruders offset
    M218 T1 X37.7 Y0
    ;dock
    T0
    G1 X70 Y200 F3000
    G1 X70 Y235 F3000
    M117 Print Starting.
    ;BigBox Printer Start Script End

what could be that goes wrong?
    I have removed now the dock from the start script, but have not tried again.

2. Bluemalu

Bluemalu Well-Known Member

Anything with a semicolon is ignored so G28 and G29 (home and Z probe) so it might cause some confusion (I'm assuming you homed he bed or sent a G28 from terminal in Octoprint once before you started printing, rather than switch on an hit print).

I'm guessing it's a dual given the offset for E1, which version of firmware are you using?

Is this the first time you have used the dual printing option as there is a software issue but it drives the head into the side of the dock when changing from T0 to T1, it doesn't sound like this is the issue.

3. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

I normally print from the SD card and all is fine, it is the first time i print from octoprint.
    Normally the Gcode does homing, but this time it did not. It simply sit in the dock, shacked then went in position ad printed without homing he Z so in mid air.

And yes I have a hybrid dual and no start script in octoprint. It is set like from wiki.

4. Bluemalu

Bluemalu Well-Known Member

Just checked my gcode startup script (well, one by Alex9779).

Remove the ; in front of G28 and G29