Weird support issue in S3d on BB vs. Taz 6

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Henry feldman, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

OK, this is the exact same print, with the only change is I edit the settings and change from @Alex9779 's BB hybrid mirrored profile to the S3D Taz6 profile (i've done this back and forth and this flips back and forth). This model needs a raft and supports up the center. I used the autogenerated supports. Note the huge difference in how it makes the center support. The BB one consumes a staggering amount of time and filament (extremely dense column) while the Taz6 one is the normal support. Even worse not sure I can easily crush the BB one to even get it out... Any ideas?

[​IMG]

Note you may not need a raft, but had a lift up on some of the narrow points of the skull brim so decided a raft would solve that...

If you need the stl file (linked)...

Jasons_BigBox likes this.
  2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

You you want the supports just one line like the Taz6 profile?
    Support tab, right side, support infill angles, set up only one line 0° or 90°...

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Second the raft is different because my profile disables the raft base layers, additions tab in the raft section a checkbox at the bottom...