What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by wHack, Sep 13, 2019.

1. wHack

wHack Well-Known Member

@orcinus Would you be willing to print my test print Blank .15.gcode in a light opaque color and see if you also get the waves? It is tool and temp independent so you have to heat your bed and the tool and pick up the tool before you start the print. Also the waves are pretty minor you need to light it from the top and check for shadows. I'm guessing you probably will as all three of us do.

it's located at:
    https://forum.e3d-online.com/threads/what-am-i-doing-wrong.3354/page-4#post-33751

2. Krayn

Krayn Well-Known Member

I’ve had a long work week, haven’t had a chance to do more tests. What kind of surfaces are you getting with vase mode, or with the z tweaks?

3. wHack

wHack Well-Known Member

I haven't really worked on this problem recently. I will come back to it. Instead I got a silicone brush set up and have been printing some things. Figured it would be good to use my printer for a while instead of focusing all my time on what it's not doing perfectly.

Spoon Unit likes this.
  4. Andy Cohen

Andy Cohen Well-Known Member

Ouch.
    I do not see see prints like that. With or without PA turned on. While the prints I get are not as perfect as my CloneR1, they are relatively superior prints. Single extruder prints that is or multiple extruder prints where all 4 have larger tool paths.
    What slicer are you using? Perhaps we all need to share the details of our profiles. I use Simplify3D.
    Also...
    The adjustments on the Titans slip REAL easy. I have to check them for each print.

5. greenlee

greenlee Member

If you haven't already, check the grub screws on the drive pulleys. I had wavy surfaces and it had me scratching my head until one pully let go completely making the issue obvious.