What are the Chimera X and Y offsets for both heads?

Discussion in 'Multi-Extrusion' started by triplanedave, Nov 23, 2015.

1. triplanedave

triplanedave Member

Can't seem to located it in any of the documentation. I can measure, but assume it's a standard value...

Setup is a Kossel Mini with RAMPS 1.4 board.

Thanks,

Dave

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The nozzles are 18mm apart. Now whether that's X or Y or some combination of the two depends entirely on how you mount it.

I'm unable to find the documentation as well... I'll let you know if I can come across them.

3. paultnl

paultnl Member

I have mine set to+9 and -9 works fine.

4. triplanedave

triplanedave Member

According to the schematic, they are 15mm center to center. Initially, I set my offsets to -7.5 and 7.5. That seemed logical, but then my prints were offset. So, I set ext0 to 0,0, and ext1 to 15,0. So far, it seems to be slicing and printing correctly.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

My offset is 18. Where did you get 15?

6. Sanjay

Sanjay Administrator
    Staff Member

Offset is 18mm, and it is pretty damn accurately 18mm too. I don't expect you'd see more than 0.05mm variation in offset between parts., those holes are very very tightly toleranced in order to ensure thermal contact between the breaks and the sink. A nice side effect of this is that there is nearly no wiggle room for the breaks to shift in the sink in the XY plane and deviate from the 18mm separation.

As Mike says how straight and tram you mount it will have a critical effect on your actual offsets in XY, much more so than the hotend itself.

I'm sorry that the drawings and docs aren't up and available, that's an oversight on our part and I'll try and get that fixed ASAP.