What feed rate should I use for Titan Aero Calibration?

Discussion in 'Titan' started by mlitzkow, Mar 15, 2019.

1. mlitzkow

mlitzkow Member

In the Titan Aero Marlin Configuration instructions, in step 8 it says

Tell your printer to extrude 100mm of filament. Use your printer's LCD screen, or send it: G92 E0, then G1 E100 via your printer control software.
    That all makes sense. However, no feed rate is specified with the G1 command. If I do this with the user controls in OctoPrint, using the default settings, OctoPrint issues this command

G1 E100 F300
    After a lot of messing around with filament grinding, motor clicking, changing the number of steps per mm, upping the stepper driver voltage, etc., I found that I could not get more than about 80mm of filament to extrude when asking for 100mm. Eventually, I began to suspect that "F300" is simply a higher feed rate than the Titan Aero with the standard 0.4mm nozzle can handle. I found a website that calculates flow rate and also states that the V6 hotend can handle 15 to 20 cubic mm / sec. That still isn't telling me whether the F300 is reasonable of not. Can somebody please tell me what feed rate I should be using when calibrating the Titan Aero using 1.75mm filament and a 0.4mm nozzle?

2. mlitzkow

mlitzkow Member

E3D - can you please answer this technical question about your product? What feed rate should I use when calibrating a Titan Aero with 1.75mm filament and a 0.4mm nozzle?

3. Phaedrux

Phaedrux Member

Try F60 which is 1mm/s and your aero should be able to keep up with that no problem.