Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Alex9779, Apr 26, 2016.
@moshen Fixed, firmwares should be compiled in a few minutes...
@Alex9779 Thanks for the quick fix. Looks like the build failed..
Flashed and confirmed fixes the autolevel issue for Hybrid Pro. Thanks!
So I am biting the bullet and doing all of my upgrades in one day, however I have been away from the forums for more than a month and having a hard time following all of the various threads.
I have a Pro and I am upgrading to the Hybrid Pro using Alex's modified carriage on Thingiverse (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1515488).
Since I am running RC3 at the moment with MBL turned on, what firmware should I download and use?
My guess is #2, but I hate to guess.
I am also using a new stepper motor (Nema 17 Bipolar Step Motor 2.9V 0.7A 18Ncm(25.5oz.in) 17HS10-0704S) from Stepper Online with a 1.8 Step Angle. Is there anything in the firmware that needs to be changed to accommodate this stepper?
#2 is correct... Forget RC and RCBugFix in the official repo, this is just the branch of the original repo to the time when it was created...
Regarding the stepper I don't think you have to change something...
Thanks for the quick reply. It appears that the only thing I have to change on the steppers are the wires and the current, but I appreciate that the firmware does not need to be changed.
What is the change that should be done to the wires?
The stepperonline motors have a slightly different connector layout to the wantai ones, so you need to swap over the red and green wires between the motor and the stepper driver.
This fix in RC7 looks interesting
#4013 : Add S parameter to stay in place on tool-change. Example: T1 S1
This as well
#3662 : New Filament Change feature (FILAMENT_CHANGE_FEATURE)
Interesting for very small parts we need more of
#4362 : Add DUAL_NOZZLE_DUPLICATION_MODE
Just wrote a post about RC7...
Actually #4013 is annoying because we have to change our scripts... I'd rather seen that the default behaviour is NOT to move... With the current implementation we can circumvent this in our script but there are also tool changes the slicer generates which result now in additional unneeded head moves...
I didn't test #3662 yet...
So I'm thinking of compiling an RC7 build for my dual hybrid to experiment with the LIN_Advance feature and whatnot. I'm also currently having an issue with the MBL configuration needing redone anytime the power is shut off to the printer. It's almost as if the store memory function has no effect. Perhaps I'm missing something there, I've read a couple different instances where guys have their own stand-on-one-leg methods of getting the settings to stick but I haven't had any luck with any of them working.
Anyways, I have read the thread on where @moshen has done some nice experimenting with RC7 but haven't seen or found his on GitHub. Currently I'm using your rc6 dual hybrid with MBL @Alex9779 (Thanks for maintaining those!) and was going to go through and see if I could try to match up most of the config. Have you done any further RC7 experimenting by chance?
Is there a thread anywhere that discusses the normal fixes or setting changes needing done for the different bug fixes I've seen mentioned? I really don't have any issues working my way through Marlin and actually kind of enjoy it. I compiled several custom configurations for my Turnigy Fabrikator due to the real lack of support on that printer, lol. But, I just hoped if there's already bugfixing and gotchas people have already weeded out, it would be great to have them listed somewhere.
@JonGillam here is my RC7 github. I merge in upstream/RCBugFix frequently so it is up to date:
I have a base RC7 branch up for use with @toharas OctoPrint firmware plugin. But there is no config done in this branch. And I didn't set up something yet to publish the profiles I made...
Attached is a list of the configuration I found that need to be done in RC7 to convert the firmware from RC to BigBox compatible. This is what I have set up in the default profiles in the firmware plugin, I can not guarantee they are 100% correct as I have only tested the Dual version, but it should be a starting point.
'******' means not changed.
After flashing your MBL version for the Titan Hybrid Pro I've a couple of things I'd like to see. I'm not even sure if they're possible as I'm still getting to grips with how it all fits together....
I'd like to see an addition to the move axis menu that drops the bed by a bit (5mm or so?) then moves the head back to the park/dump position.
I'm just getting to grips with the mesh bed levelling. I was having trouble with repeatability, often one reading was over 1mm out compared to the others but have now found a reasonable set of data points. I printed a large grid to see what the first layers looked like and they are OK but there is some variation across the y-axis. What I'd like to be able to do is to tune the levelling by editing one or more points without redoing the whole routine. For example, across my y=0 line I'd like to move all the points up by 0.1mm and retest.
It'd be nice to view the MBL point values too.
I'm not sure if these are possible but thanks anyway, keep up your great work!
I flashed RCBugFix_Titan_MBL because i was stupid with the wiring and connected the right extruder as the primary so I needed the mirrored
The readme says this the mirrored but the x axis goes from -38 to 272