What Neds Changing for E3Dv6 to K8200

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by Johnv, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Johnv

Johnv Member

I have tried all the suggestions made here, changing PID setting in configuration.h (no PID settings to change); or
    Change, in the same file, #define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1 to TEMP_SENSOR_0 5 only to find my setting is already TEMP_SENSOR_0 5.
    Keep in mind my Repetier-Host software is right up to date.
    It seems all the Websites that deal with describing what to do are out of date.
    I can get the K8200 with E3D-v6 working but the layers are not sticking properly or the plastic is brittle and breaks (PLA). I am currently working a job at 202 degrees C and it looks good so far but I am operating far too high (suggested is 190).
    I have already made changes to the configuration.h for the max temp of 310 (as suggested), compiled marlin.ino and uploaded successfully to the controller board, so please can you tell what to do about the temperature settings.
    Kind regard,
    Johnv

2. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

202 is no problem. Sometimes up to 220C is appropriate for PLA.

Keep in mind that different hotends measure temperature in different places. THere's no one size fits all recommendation.

3. Johnv

Johnv Member

Re: What Needs Changing for E3Dv6 to K8200

OK, then can you advise me on which way do I go to get the layers to stick better, increase or decrease the temperature.
    Also, which way for the brittle print.
    I would really like to know how to correct the temperature reading though.
    Thanks for your prompt response,
    Johnv

4. Johnv

Johnv Member

The print at 202 was no good, was brittle and non sticking. I just did a print at 210 degrees C and it came out great, so with the E3Dv6 upgrade for K8200 document temperatures of 190 degrees C means 210 degrees C.
    Still would be nice to be reading 190 for 190.
    Kind regards,
    Johnv

5. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

The thermistor is reading fine, again remember that different hotends place the thermistor in different locations. This isn't the fault of anyone, its just variations in different designs.