Where to put this thing???

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Chris Toast, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Chris Toast

Chris Toast Well-Known Member

While in the limbo-purgatory of being a late backer, I've spent some time getting my garage workshop in order. I have a surplus technicians workstation that is massive as a workbench. It has quite a significant shelf built into it that prohibits putting the big box directly on it due to vertical clearance.

I have been shopping for a decent cart on casters that would make for a good home for the BigBox and found a pretty nice solution-albeit a bit pricy & North America only. The footprint should accommodate the dimensions of the BB, allowing for about 580mm on all sides. The casters are well made and will make it easy to access all sides of the printer. It feels sturdy and stable and took maybe a bit over an hour from opening to assembled.

https://www.sevilleclassics.com/rolling_cabinet_ultra_hd

[​IMG]

The cart is manufactured in China of course, so it may be available in other markets under different names.

Where are YOU going to put your printer?

#1 Chris Toast, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. mhe

mhe Active Member

Since I only have a small apartment instead of a real workshop, mine is going on top of an Ikea Alex trolley. Currently holds my Rigidbot Big and the dimensions are just perfect for that and all the drawers fit a lot of filament spools.

3. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

@Chris Toast I must admit that is a nice looking workshop, even when I get mine to where I would like it to be it won't be as nice, don't quite have that much room :/

4. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

Even if I did have a room that size it wouldn't look that tidy

mike01hu likes this.
  5. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Space is my problem too as well as the lack of tidiness!

6. Chris Toast

Chris Toast Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, space and tidiness was my big project (along with new floors). Now that the BB is in a engineering holding pattern, its a good time for me to clear off some over due projects while I wait.

I'm hoping that cart has adequate space. I like the fact that it is on solid casters for some 360 access.