SOLVED Which Firmware To Use

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Steven Burns, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am going to try to start over on a few things and just had a general question about firmware (yes, again!)

I have a BigBox Pro that is upgraded to the Hybrid carriage and I have a Titan. Ever since I upgraded the Titan I have been having nothing but issues. The Titan does not appear to be as much of an "exact science" as I thought it would be. At least not with the configuration I have at the moment. If I setup using the calculated values then I severely under extrude. If I set up to about 750mm/steps (should be about 417), then I get exactly 100mm when doing an extrusion test of 100mm. Even with that I am still under extruding and layer outlines have a gap between them. Meaning, as the extruder makes two passes around the object there is a visible gap between them. So much so that if I were to print just a 20mm cube without a top or a bottom they would come off the bed as two separate objects.

So, to create a level playing field I am going to redo my SImplif3D settings and setup and re-flash the firmware. This will provide a reset so I can troubleshoot from there.

My question is this. What firmware do I use?

BigBox Firmware:
    https://github.com/BigBox3D/Marlin/tree/Hybrid-Pro

Alex's Firmware:
    https://github.com/Alex9779/Marlin/tree/BigBox/Pro/RC_Hybrid_Titan_MBL

The BB firmware does not state it is for the Titan. It doesn't not state it either so I do not know if that is the correct one.

Alex's does state that it is for the Pro, Hybrid and Titan, but it also says "RC" which gives me pause. Alex also does not have a Pro, but I have never had issues with his versions in the past. No complaints here, again I just want to reset to the "best" firmware version that I can find that is the most compatible with my setup.

Any advice is always appreciated.

Thank you,
    Steve

2. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

Used Alex's firmware and the prints are much better. I must have picked something really odd to get the results I was seeing.