Will this grease do the job?

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Tetrikus, Mar 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tetrikus

Tetrikus Well-Known Member

Hi there
    Sorry for this strange question, but: I was looking for some grease. I found some in the hobby store nearby, but now, when I opened the bottle, I'm not sure if this is a good grease or not.

MoS2 lubricating grease
    That's what the package says:
    "Fully compounded molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) grease. Provides superior extreme pressure properties, high-load bearing capabilities, protects against corrosion, is water resistance, and has excellent oxidation and mechanical stability."

What do you think? Will this be good for my BigBox?

2. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

I think it will be ok, The only things I'd watch out for is some molybdenum greases I have seen are pretty thick and that might make the movement a bit too stiff and I don't know if it is compatible with Acrylic so if you get any on the frame it might cause you problems with discolouring or stress cracks.

Oh and be aware it's a pig to remove that stuff if you change your mind later and want to try a different lubricant, almost nothing washes it off (same is true if you get it on clothing and even skin)

3. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

mike01hu likes this.