Will you all just stop posting so much good q/a!! ;)

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Brian Dowling, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Brian Dowling

Brian Dowling Active Member

OK, so one of the plusses of being at the end of shipping is the benefit of all the experiences of those before, but it's also a downside. You all have generated so much content!! There's no way we can read all these posts and have timely info and tidbits for each stage of the build for all the things you've all run into.

So I guess my question is... Has the manual been updated with most of the big issues people ran into? Is there a cheatsheet addendum or "must read" set of posts? I wish the posts could be tagged and be relevantly presented in sidebars of the right sections of the build manual, like bug fixes or annotations. I know, I want the easy button.

Thanks...

2. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

The manual has been updated, a few of us have been making changes from feedback on the forums.

Edit: that's not a guarantee we've caught everything though ;)

3. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

Yes, lots of small but useful changes made to the WiKi and from first time builders so things that are obvious once you have done the job once or twice but totally baffling if you have never built a BB before.

I did ask if there was a way to "tag" specific posts but there is either not a way, not the will, or as there is now a backlog, then no way that anyone could trawl through all the posts.

All I can say is that there are a number of people who have built a BB for the first time and have edited the WiKi based on their experience.

Using one of the excellent sets of (3rd party not E3D) photos of the various parts listed in the build WiKi is a great help.

Useful guides can be found here but it is not all build help

Calibration-help-and-troubleshooting

First Post......Helpful Threads and Guides