Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Show off' started by PsyVision, Mar 1, 2016.
I've since printed the main lid and a floor panel. Screwed it together too:-
Look great! - Was it E3D everyday PLA or ABS?
Great! just ordered 10rolls so nice to know its good stuff
So I've not posted in a while. I have been waiting on some electronics which the courier is having trouble getting delivered to me.
This image below shows the front section. On the left are the wheel hubs, steering arms, servo holder and attachments. On the right are the failed parts due to bad bed adhesion.
I'm currently printing some wheel nuts and the front axles will be next.
The onto the rear section until my electronics package turns up!
I've been busy today!
Big update coming tomorrow, all major printing done apart from tyres and the rear wing. There will be all the little bits like camera, wing mirrors etctto do too.
Electronics will arrive Monday after the courier messed up.
Is that 0.4mm nozzle? Looks very smooth!!
Yep all 0.4mm. Tried printing the rear wing this morning but it failed to stick to my messy bed twice. I've cleaned it but switching to NinjaFlex to get the wheels done, then I can come back to the other parts later. Once I've got it going (never used NF before) I'll add some progress photos here.
So the front hubs start like this:
And you insert a slightly sanded axle:
Then add on a bearing:
Insert it into the wheel and add another bearing (x2):
The rear bearing holders look like this:
Not the best quality but they're inside the model and will do the job!
Motor and axle cogs and the axle itself:
After a bit of sanding and with bearings:
LOL. It's massive !! What a super result. Really interested to see the tyres next and see how you feel about the NF.
What are you on about, it's tiny
First tyre just finished, 2 hours 30 print time each. Will post some thoughts / photo in a minute (it looks damn good). Will get another one going too.
So this is my second NinjaFlex print. I had a thermal runaway on the first one. I adjusted it to use less fan and also adjusted the fans and eventually got it stable. I also jammed the filament in the extruder around the idler whilst working out the correct steps/mm but connected it to S3D and put the extrusion speed at 2mm/s and it was then ok.
This is 0.25 layer height, 0.4 nozzle, 8% infill, 230 hotend, 40 bed and 25 mm/s speed.
Great.... almost the complete car is printed.... I plan just to print a body... but I have to modle it first.... aka long term project.
I hoped to print the final two wheels today but I'm having no luck with NinjaFlex. It keeps wrapping around the extruder bolt. After some playing I then wanted to up the temperature to 240 but my hotend was struggling to reach 235. I think I need to adjust the PID. I didn't bother today as the electronics had arrived.
Soldering the motor to the ESC was a right pain but I got there in the end. I'm not sure it's spinning as fast as it could, its quite noisy too. The servo is also mounted but I don't have any wire to connect it to the wheels yet.
I haven't tried Ninjaflex on this my Bigbox yet, but on my other printer with a Bowden extruder I print slow with no retractions
Well I was at it again last night (ooh err). I upped the temperature to 245, my hotend reached it and stabilised okay and it was printing fine, the NinjaFlex had gone sparkly so I put the temp down to 240 and it was fine, until a thermal runaway. I made some more changes and managed to print the final two tyres!! Yes!
They have warped off the bed slightly, there must be some thermal affect causing a slight difference in the bed height, which was a little too low anyway so it wasn't quite adhering. I will print more tyres as spares but these will get me going.
Tonight is the big assembly providing I can buy something suitable for connecting the servo to the steering arm today.
I have go the electronics plugged in and the car put together with all four wheels:
The eagle eyed may notice that the rear wheels appear wonky, this is where they didn't adhere to the bed properly. I am printing more now.
There is also a missing servo push rod which is arriving tomorrow along with a car style TX/RX combo as this is normally used in one of my quadcopters.
Once I have change the above I will put some plasti dip over the electrical connections and then put the shell back on.