With all your help, it's alive! Thank you!

Discussion in 'Show off' started by Alex Stevenson, May 2, 2016.

1. Alex Stevenson

Alex Stevenson Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone for all the help and support along the way. It's taken from the 4th of March to build and use my first 3D printer, but coming from pretty zero much knowledge to a succesful print in this time is testament to a fantastic community and comprehensive manual that I could manage (besides a great printer).

Special thanks to @Old_Tafr who reached out and gave me some great tips and advice during my build, although there have been great tips given from too many people to mention.

My print succeeded on the second attempt. Stock Benchy from the SD, and I resisted the urge to change the fan speed settings, even though the first print was warping slightly up from the glass, and was why it finally broke away after around the 40th layer. I just sprayed a little more "Insette Extra Hold" hair spray on and crossed my fingers.

IMG_20160502_180829.jpg
    IMG_20160502_182826.jpg

There is a very tiny amount of stringing, but it's barely noticable, and I think the 210 / 50 degree settings were just about fine.

Anyway, thanks so much again everyone. Next I just need to find something useful to print!

Pierce, JohnEsc and mike01hu like this.
  2. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

Snazzy yellow! Let the printing begin!

Alex Stevenson likes this.
  3. Archania

Archania Well-Known Member

Congrats! Good feeling to see your hard work pay off.

4. Alex Stevenson

Alex Stevenson Well-Known Member

Thanks, it's both a relief and so very satisfying. :)