X-Axis Belts Idea

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by theTroll527, Jun 25, 2016.

1. theTroll527

theTroll527 Well-Known Member

So I have been reading through the instructions for installing the X-Axis belts and it all seems kind of fussy and rather difficult with the way that it was designed to do. Now before I decide to take things apart and do it the way I think would be better I wanted to get some feedback from people that have completed machines.

I was thinking it would be better to install the fixed end of the X-axis belts before you do the X-Axis & Y-Axis insulation. This would give you the advantage of not having to reach between the holes to get at the slots and holes to fit the belt. It would also be easier to ensure the belt gets deep enough into the slot. The only disadvantage I could see is that it would be a little harder to install the X-Y with the two belts hanging down and that you would have to be careful to not get them yanked on.

What do people think?

If this I do this, I will take pictures on this procedure and post them.

2. theTroll527

And I forgot to take pictures.

So I pulled the X-Y Axis, put on the belts with the tension adjusters, then put it all back in. I think this is most likely much easier then trying to do everything through the little holes in the frame.

I would suggest, putting on the belts right after dropping in the A-Y for the first time. Put in the X-Y, put in one screw on the corners, pull it out. Put on the belts, put is back in, put in the rest of the screws.

3. crosley

crosley Member

After wrestling with getting the belts properly seated I backed up and tried this approach, which worked great.

4. theTroll527

Glad it helped someone.