X Axis calibration Dual big box

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by martin baird, Aug 23, 2016.

1. martin baird

martin baird Member

Sorry Guys.

Me again.

Am I stupid, or doing something wrong?

I am trying to calibrate the X Axis to. Following the instructions I am to use the RIGHT (HE1) extruder, and get it to the 0 on te bed! Now I simly can NOT get the right extruder to the 0 point on the X axis? Even removing the end stop screw the head will not get that far over! It is hitting the left hand carrier and can not go any further. this leaves the HE1 nozzle still out by a few MM and jumps back. It simply will not (can not) go over any further?

2. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

Check your cabling isn't interfering - in particular the PT100 plugs have a tendency to get caught between the carriage and the idler. It is very tight to get the print head all the way to the left so you really have to route those cables carefully and zip tie them down tightly.

One other thing that can cause confusion - the X zero point you're trying to get the right hand nozzle over is the zero marked on the bed. When the LCD says X=0, it is referring to the position of the first nozzle, i.e. the left hand one. The right hand nozzle should reach the zero point on the bed at -38 on the LCD.

3. martin baird

martin baird Member

Had to re route the wires! The plug for the thermistor and the heat element wire were not allowing the head full movement. Silly thing is, tht s where i was told to put them "re nstructos"

4. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

Glad you got it sorted - I had the exact same problem, took a lot of very careful scrutiny of the pictures to work out how to orient the PT100 connectors.

5. martin baird

martin baird Member

Right! All that done! I can manually get the HE1 to the zero point! But when doing an auto home and returning the x axis to 0 it has the LEFT head at zero NOT the right?

6. martin baird

martin baird Member

Ahh I see, Appaently the offset is set when loading a program.

I tink it isamost ready for a trial run! Just need some filament now I think!