SOLVED X-Axis zeroing offset (hybrid)

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by markoaurelije, Jul 26, 2016.

1. markoaurelije

markoaurelije Active Member

Hi,
    I have a problem getting X endstop set in a way that after homing nozzle 1 - the right one (as stated in the BB Manual) get to 0,0. The Y axis is ok. I moved X carriage mostleft and I cannot screw the X endstop anymore but I am still to far away from X0 with the right nozzle.
    I'm thinking maybe my X offset for home position is wrong? I can go -64 with X axis after autohome to reach X endstop. Is this correct?
    How can I change this?

2. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Do you have the correct screw size in the X-idler? The newer hybrid carriage uses a shorter screw compared to the original dual.

Do you also have all of the wires tidily out of the way?

3. markoaurelije

Hi,
    Yes the screw is the short one. And actually there is no room for the X carriage to go more into the X-idler. I did rearrange wires. If you have dual hybrid, could you check what is the x position displayed on the LCD after the autohome has been done and you move leftmost all the way to x endstop? I think mine is -64 (currently I'm not by my BigBox, will check later).

4. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

If you have it wired as per the build guide, at X=0 on the LCD the left hand nozzle should be over 0 on the bed, at X=-38 you should hit the X endstop.

5. markoaurelije

Thanks Sarah,
    from the build guide: "Note: If you have the Hybrid Printhead, the right extruder (HE1) should be aligned to 0,0." (see link, scroll to the last step).
    That is why I am trying to zero X on the right nozzle. Should I not?

6. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

I think the build guide is somewhat confusingly worded, plus different versions of the firmware put the printhead in different places after homing. but what you need to do is to auto home, then use the LCD to move the printhead in the X axis. When the LCD shows 0 for X, the left hand nozzle should be at the 0 point marked on the bed. Continue to move the knob and when you get to X = -38 on the LCD, the right hand nozzle should be at the 0 point marked on the bed. So the guide is correct that when you have the endstop set correctly the right hand nozzle should be at 0 on the bed, but not 0 on the LCD.

7. markoaurelije

OK, that is exactly how I have it set up: 0,0 aligned on left nozzle, and X = -38 when x endstop reached.
    I was confused if I had it set up correctly because the X carriage slams to the back of the frame when I run 3Dbenchy.gcode from SD card (when docking). I have changed the begining of the GCODE so it's clear to dock (adjusted the X coordinate of dock position).

3D benchy printed - very satisfied :)

3dbechy first print.jpg 3dbenchy finished.jpg