SOLVED X-Axis Zeroing

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Bilal, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Bilal

Bilal Member

I am at the commissioning stage of my dual 1.1 printer and now trying to zero the X,Y axes.

I followed the Zeroing procedure as mentioned in the manual- section 5. All the end-stops are working fine.

This image shows the heads at the home point.
    Home Point.jpg

However, there are issues on the X axis.

After I homed the X-axis, I tried to move the heads to the right side along the X axis (opposite direction of the X end-stop). The heads keep moving and hit the other end, as shown in the below image.

Head hitting the X-axis motor.jpg

I didn't face this problem on the Y-axis. It's like the machine knows the range on the Y-axis. However, it seems there is no limit for its movement range on the X-axis.

Please let me know if there is anything I am doing wrong or if there is a way to fix the maxim X.

Attached Files:

#1 Bilal, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. Patrick Notton

Can you take a picture from the front to show the X end stop and screw? It looks like you are actually zeroing on the wrong nozzle. From the front of the machine the left nozzle should overhang the side and the right nozzle should be on the 0,0.
    If you can't adjust the screw far enough in you might have to use a shorter one. A good check would be to remove the screw and check that the carriage can move over sufficiently to zero the rightmost nozzle.

3. Bilal

Bilal Member

I followed the steps that you've suggested however the problem persisted.

The good news is that I did some changes using the control panel (Control->Motion) and the issue is fixed! I just modified the X Steps/mm from +160 to +150.

Now, I am trying to calibrate the filament and do my first print.. But both extruders are not moving! :(

The heads move and the screen shows that the printing is in progress, however nothing is extruded from the hotend.

Any advice?

4. Paul Begley

Paul Begley Well-Known Member

Hard to tell from your photos, orientation wise, but is you IR sensor on the correct side? Have you accounted for this in the configuration? Mine is on the left side when facing the printer
    Also be careful about changing the x steps/mm, lowering the value might appear to work, but your printouts may be squashed in the x direction

5. cez

cez Well-Known Member

You are using the correct screw length?