X/Y axis not level?

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Karel, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Karel

Karel Member

I am currently building my BigBox and before proceeding I would like to check with you if my current assembly is OK.
    My X/Y axis are not level with the case as you can see in the picture. Does this mean I did something wrong? Or is it OK to continue with the next steps?

Thanks,

Karel

[​IMG]

2. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

Hmmm, can you post a picture of both ends ? It looks like if the right side is too low. Did you use the hole for the belt tensioner to mount the Y-Axis holder ? (looks like it). You have to use the upper two holes in the fame, I think you used the lower two holes.

#2 Rob Heinzonly, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  3. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

I wonder if you've got something upside down, i.e. the two Y Axis Idler Brackets. If so, I also did that. As @Rob Heinzonly said, a few more pictures would help, of the front and back of that rod.

4. Karel

Karel Member

Arghh, spotted my mistake. I overlooked it several times while checking, but I had the L and R Y-axis rear brackets mixed up.
    Story of my life, I always mix up L and R... :mad:
    So I feel very stupid now....
    Thanks for the heads-up and sorry I've bothered you with this,
    Time for a break....

Karel

Gregory Grubbs and Spoon Unit like this.
  5. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

@Karel : Never mind :) I managed to build the entire frame of the BB inside out, I only noticed it until I mounted the front panels and the belt tensioner text was at the inside :oops:

mike01hu likes this.
  6. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

Like everyone else, I also flipped the brackets left to right, since there were no pictures that clearly showed things...

7. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

You gotta know that you have to tight the screws holding the rods after the parts are attached. So if you swap them you have no chance to tight that screw...

8. Henry feldman

Yeah, that's when I realized I had done that... Ugh. Luckily I was super experienced by that point at removing/replacing the movement. Took 10 minutes to remove/swap/glue nuts in/reassemble...

9. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

I'm hearing that someone else spent far longer (as did I) than they'd care to admin building this thing :)

Gregory Grubbs likes this.
  10. Henry feldman

I think I took the axes out 4 or 5 times, due to issues (particularly those damned screws). At this point, while everyone else is planning to make swappable heads, I might go with the whole upper assembly since I've had so much practice! o_O