Y hits the rear wall

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Gianmarco Baldini, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Gianmarco Baldini

Hello, I have a problem that I tried to solve through Shoutbox. No luck so I am pasting our conversation here.
    Please help.

Hi, when autoleveling X axis is OK, but when it wants to test upper left corner (X min, Y max) it does not stop and head hits rear wall of the box. Head keeps going on Y instead of stopping to measure. Please help. All steps prior leveling went well according to the manual. First measurement Right-Front, then Left-Front, then it does not stop at Rear-Left, it hits the back wall of the printer.

When moving for 10mm in x direction head moves right amount, but when moving on Y it moves much more then it should. I noticed that Z axis moves less then it should (about 2/3 movement)

2. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

Did you autohome before moving the Y axis ?

3. Gianmarco Baldini

My bad, I swapped z and y motors. Probably it happens when you assemble printer at 3am.
    My apologies for taking your time, and many thanks. You saved me a lot of time.

Best regards
    Gianmarco

4. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Hey. Great to hear you got it all sorted. I did wonder if this was going to be the solution, either with motors or pulley. I don't think you need to apologise. The purpose of the forum is precisely to help knowledge sharing and trouble shooting skills. Thanks for using it. I'm sure someone else is going to have the same issue and you're question + solution should help them find a solution faster than you did.