Z-Axis Click

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Syko_Symatic, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Syko_Symatic

Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

I switched to the 1.1 4 start rods recently and I am getting a strange click on the steppers. I don't know if it is missing steps or what? I have check the alignment and it runs freely. Could it be another bad driver? Please take a look at the video it shows the clicking and jumping of position.

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

For me this sounds normal... The clicks come from very small movements of Z axis when doing bed compensation...

3. Syko_Symatic

It's the fact that it appears to "jump" when it clicks that scared me. My last set of prints had terrible quality in the walls as well. I also get a jumpy performance from the rods when doing the secondary probe touch when homing or leveling the bed like it is almost too slow? It didn't happen with the old lead screws?

4. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Wow, the thread looks completely different on those lead screws.

5. Syko_Symatic

They are the 8*8 lead screws.

I think I have sorted the majority of the issues. The only thing left is the fact that in order to get the bed "level" i.e. the BLTouch reads an error of 0.1 from left to right, I had to raise one side by about 2mm? It seems on but I guess not out of the ordinary?