Z axis linear rail and lead screw used in the new E3D printer prototype

Discussion in 'General' started by olegodo, Apr 19, 2018.

1. olegodo

olegodo Member

Is it possible to get the specification of the single linear rail and maybe the stepper/lead screw setup that is used for the Z axis on the new prototype printer?
    Sanjay has mentioned in interviews that they are genuine HIWIN, wide and with a high preload or something along those lines?

Asking because I am looking to upgrade my own Z axis because of stability and inaccuracy issues.

2. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

I don't think E3D will be releasing any part of the design into the wild until they have the products ready to sell or they give up and put up the plans. Sanjay I believe said something to that effect at MRRF2018 during the presentation. That said if your a bigbox owner, the z axis is completely different and incompatible with it, at least without seriously heavy modification.

you cant check out this thread for some Z axis ideas, might help.

https://forum.e3d-online.com/threads/tr10x2-upgrade-the-end-of-z-wobble.2922/

3. olegodo

olegodo Member

Thanks for the input.
    I was mainly interested in the size and part number of the HIWIN guide they are using so I could source my own.
    And it's for a custom built printer, not a bigbox :)

4. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

Ah gotcha, the hiwin site is pretty nice and you can down load modes pretty easy. You could try to message Greg directly and ask him the hiwin part number, he might answer, I don't think any of the other E3D staff spend much time on the forum.