Z height problem

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by George Dossett, Apr 3, 2016.

1. George Dossett

I know the 1st layer is hard to get but I am using a 10MM X 10 MM X 10MM. I was thinking there was a problem with slic3r so I moved to Simplify3D to cut it up. My 1st print was not the best but layer one was spot on just used the wrong temp and VASE MODE was used with a top and the top did not work and the side was did not hold up well.

The next one with the right temp was VERY VERY good.
    20160402_204622.jpg

The top work and everything so I moved to a 3DBency and it did not stick to the bed print fail. So I redid it thinking lets move to less in fill and checked the bed temp it was a bit hot at 60.

No Joy same thing now my bed is at 50 and infill is at 10%.

My point is Z height keeps is not keeping from print to print. How can that be? This is the same G-code all i did is tell the printer to auto home after taking the old print off.
    20160402_204541.jpg 20160402_204541.jpg

My wife is so mad i have this printer and its not working now. Any help anyone can give me would be Very
    appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. George Dossett

update!
    if do a auto home and a bed Level it changes my Z offset i have moved this offset so much now i cant even say where it should be but it changes way to much and its not small i just got an ok print on my box and its now at -1.53 and it was at -80.0..
    yes bolts are tight. Yes i hit Store Memory.
    i leveled the bed with a .003 shim from the head to the bed in all 4 corners with the bolts. i will make this box over and over to see if i can tell what is going on.

3. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

Have you tried mesh bed leveling like they have on the Dual. It is a firmware update to the settings and guide is posted here. The manual will then tell you how to perform the leveling procedures here. I had the same issue with my sensor losing the settings each time I turned on the BB, but this solved that issue for me.

4. George Dossett

i am at 1.1.0 is that the one or are you talking about 1.2.0 https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/wiki?
    also i dont know if i said that i print with the SD card.

5. Steven Burns

I'm not sure what the version is, but I believe it is in the link. Even if you use the current version and not a new version you are really just looking to disable the auto leveling and enable the manual bed leveling.

Printing from the SD does not really matter and is probably safer than printing from a computer as if anything happens to the computer your print will not fail.

6. George Dossett

i did that and it seems to keep one height but so far only printed from pc is there steps online to update the pi?

7. Steven Burns

I don't have a PI, but you can always save the toolpaths/gcode to the SD card and print from it.