z offset issue

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by KNM3D, Apr 17, 2016.

1. KNM3D

KNM3D Well-Known Member

i have a dual
    did the offset
    with the bbelt under the ir sensor and all that.

when I auto home the nozzles don't just lightly end up on the glass
    the z turns enough to make the nozzles go probably 5-8 sheets of paper past the surface of the glass(if it wasn't there.

is this correct?

2. KNM3D

KNM3D Well-Known Member

oh and I tried doing the bed leveling but because the nozzles wanted to "bury" alittle they had a rough time moving to each position.
    im afraid im missing something very obvious with the IR sensor and didn't set it up right,
    but I followed the directions to a T

Added after edit:
    so do I have to go into the firmware and adjust anything?
    that is my Achilles heel, I have no idea how to do that stuff, I know I have to do some stupid x and y offset for my dual,
    but do I have to do something in the firm to get the printer to print at higher temps?

#2 KNM3D, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  3. KNM3D

KNM3D Well-Known Member

well nevermind. lol I figured it out.
    but many more problems have come up.
    yuck

4. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

I used the instructions to the letter and it worked ok first time, but after having to remove the heatsink I had to do it all again and had problems and as the Z axis zeroed well below the nozzle and the bed would not move upward. To run again you have to reset the Rumba EEPROM, see the WiKi for instructions on this. i.e. re-commissioning.

Remember to follow EITHER the "Pro and Lite" OR the "Dual" instructions, you have to keep scrolling down to make sure you are using the right ones.